As we are opening the doors to the final day of the 2012 Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show, it’s always with a bittersweet taste in our mouths as we go up and down the aisles of the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
The Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show in numbers:
- 36 years of hosting wonderful artists
- 195 American artists on the show flow
- 26 British and Irish guest artists
- 13 craft & design categories
- 18,000 visitors
- Millions of dollars raised over the years to purchase works of art and craft for the permanent collections, support education programs, and contribute to conservation and publication projects.
So today, we’re bidding goodbye but we also encourage you to keep on bidding on our online auction that will be open until Tuesday November 13th at 9:00 p.m.
This is the 7th year for our on-line auction. Of the 42 or more extraordinary items to be auctioned, many one-of-a-kind objects have been donated by artists participating in the 2012 Show. In addition to which a number of vintage items, created by artists participating in past Craft Shows, have been donated by members of the Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show committee.